PJAK says Iran has violated ceasefire
The Kurdistan Free Life Party (PJAK) of Iran says Islamic Republic forces have violated the terms of the ceasefire between the two sides.
Last week, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps clashed with PJAK forces in Baneh in northwest Iran.
PJAK issued a statement on its official website, saying: “This military operation and attack by the Islamic Republic occurs even though, since September 5, both sides had declared a ceasefire, which we have not violated.”
PJAK reports that last week it was attacked by Iranian government forces, which led to the death of nine government officials; PJAK says it sustained no casualties.
The Fars news agency, which is close to the IRGC, confirmed that a member of Basij, an IRGC sub-group, was killed in the conflict, adding that several PJAK members were wounded.
In July and August of this year, heavy clashes between IRGC and PJAK forces led to dozens of deaths. In September, both sides agreed to a ceasefire.
PJAK claims to fight for the rights of Iran’s Kurdish minority, but the Islamic Republic regards it as a terrorist organization.